There are many versions of this mayo-free, veggie-packed summer-time stable, but the delicious sauce and crunchy add-ins makes my mom’s adaptation the best! Serve this in a big ole bowl and make sure to have enough for leftovers!
- 1 bag of Broccoli Coleslaw mix, chop it again if desired
- 1/3 bag Pea Pods, finely sliced
- 4 Green Onions, finely sliced
- 1 c. Celery, finely sliced
- 2 pkg. Ramen Noodles, broken (do not use seasoning packet)
- 1/2 c. Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 c. Slivered Almonds
- Drizzle of you fav Oil to brown in skillet, (I use grape seed oil)
- 1/2 c. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 c. Sugar, (or equivalent in your favorite sugar substitute)
- 1/4 c. White Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- In large bowl, combine the Veggies, (Slaw, Pea Pods, Onions and Celery); set aside.
- In medium skillet on low-medium heat, drizzle Oil and gently brown the Crunchies, (Ramen Noodles, Seeds and Almonds); allow to cool.
- In small saucepan over low heat, mix Dressing ingredients but not soy (Oil, Sugar and Vinegar), and bring to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add soy sauce; allow to cool.
- Once cooled, mix Crunchies with Veggies in large bowl.
- Prior to serving, add ½ of the dressing and mix well. Save extra sauce for leftovers or another batch.