Everyone always asks for my version of this popular recipe because there are a ton of versions out there but this is our favorite. The Dry Minced Onions are they key and I’ve measured this maximize taste while minimizing butter.
- 3/4 c. Butter
- 1 T. Dijon Mustard
- 1 t. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 t. Brown Sugar
- 1 T. Poppy Seeds
- 2 t. Dry Minced Onions (don’t skip this!)
- One Package King’s Hawaiian Rolls (Sweet Butter, tiny size buns)
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced nitrate-free Sweet Ham from deli, (such maple or brown sugar)
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced Swiss Cheese
- In a small saucepan, slowly melt the butter over low heat while gently whisking in additional sauce ingredients.
- Remove from heat and begin assembling sandwiches in a half-size aluminum foil steam pan.
- Using a large bread knife, cut entire package in half lengthwise.
- Place bottom half of bread in pan.
- Top with ham, then cheese. Don’t worry about making this neat, but do add some dimensions by crumbling some of the ham.
- Cover with top bread slice.
- Cover with foil
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool some before cutting along the rolls, then recover until ready to serve.