This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite recipes. Super easy and people are disappointed if it is not served at our parties! The morning of a party, I start this recipe by letting my crock-pot warm, then brown the onions in it, then add the rest of the ingredients in layers, then stir! By the party-time, it is warm and delicious.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Small white onion, chopped
- 13.75 oz Reese Artichoke Hearts 6-8, 14-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) , drained & chopped
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker to high, add olive oil.
- Chop your onion, salt and pepper it, then put onion in Crock-Pot after oil has had a few minutes to warm.
- Let it brown, stir infrequently.
- In an hour or so, stir onions then layer the drained/chopped artichokes & spinach on top, (add salt/pepper, don’t stir).
- In another hour or so, stir to mix ingredients and lower heat.
- Then layer garlic, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, sour cream, parm cheese and top with mozz cheese (don’t stir).
- In another hour or so, stir it all together with an immersion blender; this will create a beautiful smooth texture.
- Serve with fresh veggies or Stacy’s Pita Chips or whatever snacks you have one hand.
Y’all, I love this recipe. It has evolved from various recipes for sausage gravy and stroganoff to become a delicious pantry-recipe, so you can easily keep these ingredients in your freezer & pantry and have a yummy meal when your fridge is bare! Next time, I will add mushrooms and post that recipe- but this is what I just made and its awesome!
- Half bag of egg noodles
- 2 T. EVOO
- 2 small/medium Onions, chopped
- Tube/sleeve Bob Evans Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 cup AP Flour
- Can of Campbell’s French Onion Condensed Soup
- 2 or 3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- Half bag of white shredded cheese, (Swiss or mozzeralla)
- Optional Hot Sauce, Sriracha and Sour Cream for toppings
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil, cook noodles according to package. (I cook entire bag and let kiddos eat leftover noodles with butter.)
- Preheat large skillet, add oil, wait 90 seconds, add onions, salt/pepper and cook until browned.
- Move onions to one side of skillet, add Sauage and cook until browned- mixing with onions once meat has begun to darked.
- Once everything is browned, slowly stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then stir in the soup, one can of water and 2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce.
- Once it looks delicious and warm, stir in the half bag of cooked noodles, top with shredded cheese and enjoy!
I would serve this to company, I would serve this to children, I would serve this delicious recipe to your mamma.
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey, if that’s your thing)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Brown the meat, add salt/pepper and garlic, continue browning.
- Add everything else, simmer for a few minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes to thicken… Enjoy!
Serve with whole-grain hamburger buns, sliced cheese, dijon mustard, pickles and mild banana pepper rings!
Carrots & Dip complete this healthy picnic meal.